So after a long time here I am with something for which you people have been looking forward to, it is the detailed review of Qmobile Noir A2 Classic people! from the time you surf on the internet about it, you go to the shop to buy it till the time when you actually get to use it.
So the time starts when you surf about the mobile on the internet and
Indeed, lining up against high class products like Xperia, Galaxy S4, and HTC's low end androids is a big task and Noir really needs to prove itself if it wants to survive out there in the battle-zone.
THE TIME WHEN YOU GO TO BUY IT
So you decided to try your luck just this once and you went to buy Qmobile Noir A2 classic, now in Pakistan every second mobile vendor has Noir series available and almost every phone. Don't forget that the price on the official website of Qmobile is the official price of the mobile, don't even think of paying an extra Rupee on any cellphone. The Noir A2 costs Rs. 8,500 and I bought it for Rs. 8,450.
The best part is the warranty, official DigiCom warranty for one year so if there is any problem with the mobile you can get it replaced from any DigiCom outlet, not like Sony Ericsson/Sony that you'll have to get it repaired from any unofficial dealer.
So the proper review, I would rather enumerate all the things that I have used and tested till now.
- Touch Screen It has 3.5" Capacitive touch screen and its pretty responsive, just like iPhone 3GS or 4. The display is QVGA but its good, feels like HVGA and from a distance, feels better than low end galaxy and equivalent to Xperia. You can change theme skin but you get icons like the ones in iPhone. Not typical android ones.
- Memory Mobile has 256 MB RAM with support of up to 32 GB microSD. On stand by, phone uses 100 MB of memory when you haven't install any app. As you increase the number of apps memory gets lowered and so the performance of the mobile. You get 156 MB of RAM for apps when you buy it brand new. So the phone is very low on memory.
- Performance When its new, its pretty fast, just like any other new android competitor but as you increase the number of apps, it gets slower. When the RAM gets lower than 100 MB, mobile starts to hang the apps, especially if you are messaging along with using some app. The phone has absolutely NO restarting issues. If someone says so then he must have got the faulty piece or he must have got jacked. At most it will hang one app, the one you are using or the messaging.
- Sound Quality The in-call sound quality is exceptional, I have never heard any other mobile more clear than this one plus the external speaker is also fairly good.
- Music and Video Player The standard music and video players are just piece of crap, very unfriendly to use so you'll have to install new ones from PlayStore.
- Camera Mobile has both primary and secondary cameras. Primary is of 2 MP and it is just okay, captures pictures during daylight normally but screws them at night. No flash light. Secondary camera is VGA, says that it can be used for video calls but I haven't tested it yet.
- Battery Timings The most important thing, which is concern of every second Pakistani, the battery timings. Since the Android drains more battery resources as compared to other operating systems so this mobile is no exception. With messaging, music and Wi-Fi on, I have used it up to two days, 48 hours on one charge. By downloading battery saving apps from PlayStore, you can increase the battery timings up to 58 hours.
- Accessories Accessories that you get along are charger, data cable and headphones. Now you'd be curious about headphones so they are not properly in-ear headphones so straight away there is very little base, other wise the headphones are better in quality than the ones given with Nokia.
Noir A2 Classic is indeed pretty decent smartphone, although,